In 2022, 91% of Australians were active internet users. Online searches have become the go-to method for Australian consumers to find and connect with businesses, so having a strong online presence is crucial for your business to thrive and stay competitive. However, as a business owner, you may still question the importance of investing in digital marketing for your trade-based business.
While there may be some advantages to not having an online presence for your trade-based business in Australia, such as saving money in the short term, it’s important to understand the potential drawbacks and missed opportunities of not investing in a website or digital marketing in 2023.
What are the Pros of Investing in Digital Marketing?
- Increased Visibility: If they can’t find you, how can they book you? You can significantly improve your business’s online visibility by investing in a well-designed website or digital marketing strategies, including search engine optimisation (SEO), social media marketing and online advertising. The easiest way to ensure your website — and, therefore, your business — is easy for potential clients to find is by optimising the site and its content with relevant keywords. Read more about effective marketing strategies for trade businesses here.
- Targeted Reach: Do you think it makes sense to target apartment dwellers to promote your lawn mowing business? Probably not. Digital marketing allows you to target specific demographics, interests and locations, ensuring your marketing efforts reach the right audience. With tools like local SEO, audience segmentation and targeted advertising, we can help you tailor your information and services for the most suitable potential customers who are most likely to convert into paying clients.
- Brand Building: Building a successful trade business is not just about having the right skills; earning the trust of clients is equally as important, especially if your work takes you into people’s homes. Digital marketing provides opportunities to build and strengthen your brand identity. You can establish your trade business as a trusted and reliable choice in your industry through engaging website design, consistent branding across social media platforms and compelling content creation. Building a solid brand fosters customer loyalty and attracts new clients, giving you a competitive edge in your local market.
- Lead Generation: One of the most significant advantages of investing in digital marketing for your trade-based business in Australia is the ability to generate high-quality leads from your website. Once visitors are on the site, we help you use engaging content and compelling calls to action — click here! — to encourage them to take a specific action. The potential client’s contact information is collected, and you nurture these leads through targeted communication, such as phone calls, text messages or newsletters, to convert them into paying customers.
4 Cons of Investing in Digital Marketing — and Why You Should Invest Anyway
- Time and Resource Investment: You may think your business is too small and that developing and executing a successful digital marketing strategy requires too much time, effort and resources. From creating an engaging website to managing an SEO strategy and analysing data, it can be a significant commitment for trade businesses with limited resources and staffing. However, the long-term benefits of increased brand awareness, customer engagement and business growth make it a worthwhile investment. Marketing for Trades specialises in working with trade businesses of all sizes and creating customisable digital marketing solutions for tradies in Australia, whatever your trade or budget. Book a call to find out more.
- Competitive Landscape: As more businesses invest in digital marketing, the online landscape has become highly competitive. Standing out from the crowd and capturing the attention of your target audience can be challenging. It may require ongoing optimisation, testing and adaptation of your digital marketing efforts to stay ahead of competitors. This is easily navigated with a well-planned strategy that Marking for Trades can create and manage for you to attract customers looking for your services.
- Technological Challenges: Embracing digital marketing means navigating various online platforms, tools and technologies, so the learning curve can be steep if you’re not tech-savvy or lack the necessary expertise. Partnering with a trusted digital marketing agency, like Marketing for Trades, can help you overcome these challenges. We can provide guidance, support and expertise to ensure your digital marketing efforts are effective and yield positive results.
- Digital Noise and Information Overload: Does it sometimes feel like the internet is overflowing with information and content? You’re not alone. It is increasingly difficult to capture and retain people’s attention in this saturated market. By working with us to create high-quality, valuable content that resonates with your target audience, you can cut through the digital noise and establish your trade business as a trusted authority in your field. To break through the clutter, you need to be authentic, relevant and consistent, then you’ll be able to build lasting customer connections.
Check out some of our case studies and client testimonials to see how we’ve helped plumbers, electricians, locksmiths and more tradies connect with potential customers online.
By working with Marketing for Trades and embracing digital marketing strategies tailored to your business, you can unlock the potential of online opportunities, connect with your target audience and drive your business towards success in the digital age. Click here to get started.